We’re back! To recap, this is part 2 of 5 of a series of blog posts on how to promote your BandPage Experiences. Part 1 covered different promotion tactics on Facebook, and this next post in the series will cover how to promote your Experiences to your Twitter fans.
Promoting on Twitter
Twitter is great for connecting to your fans in real-time, in your own voice. Write an engaging post about your experiences (keep it to 140 characters!), and prompt your fans to favorite, retweet, and click through to buy your experience right when they see your tweet. Retweeting is especially important because it expands the reach of your tweet to your fans’ followers.
Quick Tip! We suggest using trackable links like bit.ly or shortURL so you can track and measure the amount of traffic you are generating with your post, and optimize your message based on performance.
- Take Advantage of Twitter Lingo: Make good use of hashtags (#) to have your tweets show up in searches and mention other users (@) whenever applicable so that the maximum number of people will see your tweet.
- Images and Media Get Clicks: Tweets with images get twice the amount of engagement as ones without. Examples:
- George Clinton from Parliament Funkadelic makes great use of hashtags here, making his tweet show up to people who are searching for Oakland or Sacramento events on Twitter. He also conveys the concept of scarcity well in this tweet, making his followers act fast due to quantity running out.
- Have Friends and Fans Retweet You: Increase your reach by having people you know share your tweet with their own followers by retweeting you.
- Interact With Your Fans: Thank them for buying your Experience, answer their questions, give them a shoutout and more. Example from The Octopus Project:
Advertising on Twitter
- Promoted Tweets: Select specific tweets to promote to your fans and increase the number of people who see it. You can choose to target your fans and/or fans of other bands you’ve toured with before or are similar in sound. Get started now at ads.twitter.com.
Twitter Advertising Resources:
Check out Part 1 of this series, which covers how to promote your BandPage Experiences on Facebook.