We have partnered with LyricFind to display your tour dates and store when fans are looking at your songs across major lyric sites like SongMeanings, Lyrics.com, LyricsMode, LyricsFreak, Sing365, and hundreds more.
Every year LyricFind displays lyrics over 5 billion times to fans. Now, for the first time ever, when fans are looking at your lyrics they will also see your tour dates and store on the same page. We believe that fans interested in looking up lyrics to your songs will also be interested in going to your shows and buying something from your store.
Our goal is to get more people to your shows and generate more revenue through your store by getting it in front of millions of fans that might otherwise miss it. Make sure to log in to your BandPage Profile and update your tour dates and store as we are going live with the integration in the next two weeks!
Here’s what it will look like across partner lyric sites:
Update the Store in your BandPage Profile with merch, VIP Experiences and latest products.
Add new tour dates to your Shows section in your BandPage Profile.
You can read the full press release here.
J And The BandPage Team
We’ve compiled a list of tips for determining what to offer your fans with Experiences:
- Come up with multiple Experiences that appeal to different levels of fans – your casual listeners looking to learn more versus your superfans.
- Set different price points and combine physical and digital offerings to appeal to different types of fans in all locations.
- Include a tangible good – a physical item to help fans mark the occasion, like a setlist, unique photo opportunity, or exclusive, signed merchandise.
- Incorporate things outside of music that you’re passionate about to engage fans in a new and exciting way. Are you interested photography, art, design, or food? Include an opportunity to share this passion with your fans.
Anything we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments!
“I’m a musician, not a t-shirt maker. I believe my music is worth something. Musicians have very simple goals…we want to make our music…and have it support us.”
Zoe Keating, Cut Chemist, Tycho and more are highlighted by Count Eldridge in Unsound, his film focused on the 99% of musicians struggling to make a living – and a life – supported by their creativity in the age of the internet.
He shines a light on all aspects of the modern music landscape, including streaming services, illegal downloads, touring, merchandise and fan support. Eldridge includes interviews with editors, authors and copyright experts in addition to perspectives from musicians of all kinds.
Take a look at his extended cut trailer:
Unsound: extended trailer rough cut from Count Eldridge on Vimeo.
Learn more about musicians in the age of the internet and help Count complete his film.
“You can’t be a fan and not support the band.”
- Vernon Reid
The holidays came early this year! We have an exclusive batch of VIP packages for the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour – aka Beyonce’s global extravaganza.
Each package includes a priority reserved seat available only to BandPage customers, a gift card towards exclusive VIP merchandise, Rent the Runway gift certificate and unique souvenir tour laminate.
The We Like to Party Package also includes early concert access, personalized signed photo, VIP gift bag and Beyonce fragrance.
Looking to go all out? The Dance 4 U Package takes it to the next level with all of the above features in addition to a private VIP fan pre-party before the show and tickets in front of general admission against the stage.
Run the world and shake your bootylicious body from your VIP perch this holiday season!
Starting today, we’re partnering with Live Nation, the world’s leader in live entertainment, to integrate artists’ BandPage profiles into Live Nation’s extensive event and artist information. This will deliver greater depth to artist profiles and information to Live Nation’s online and mobile destinations. The integration will begin appearing on Live Nation websites and mobile apps in December.
This is all part of our mission to revolutionize the music industry, empowering artists, like you, to engage more fans, in more meaningful ways, and enable you to make more money.
You’ll be able to easily update your profile through BandPage, then, within minutes, this information – from bios to photos – will be seamlessly updated across Live Nation’s online properties and mobile apps.
Go on, update your bio now.
Lia Rose is an indie folk artist based in San Francisco, who recently played some shows in Southern California. Here’s her take on House Show Experiences.
I love playing shows of all kinds, but there is something very special about performing in someone’s living room for a room full of people who are listening intently.
photo credit: Max Solomon
It’s a very different experience from playing in a hugely amplified venue with quite some distance between the audience and the stage.
I hope to always do both, but I certainly hope to fill out my calendar with more and more of the special intimate acoustic experiences.
We’ve posted about intimate fan shows before. Want to try them out? Let us know and we’ll set you up with Experiences.
There are a few steps to setting up Experiences on BandPage. One of the most important is ensuring your PayPal account is set up to sell and accept payments. To help you out, we’ve created a list of requirements.
To set up a PayPal Seller account, you need to do a couple of things in PayPal.
1. Your PayPal account must be a Premier or Business account. Personal PayPal accounts do not have the seller option, so you need to upgrade before you can set up a Seller’s account. Note that PayPal Premier and Business accounts are not available in all countries. Check with PayPal to make sure you can set up a Business or Premier account where you’re based!
2. Make sure ‘PayPal Account Optional’ is turned on. This enables non-PayPal Members to pay by credit card, key to let as many fans as possible pay for your Experience.
3. Ensure your credit card and bank account information have been linked and verified in PayPal. In order to sell an Experience, you can not have a negative balance in PayPal so make sure you’re in the black there.
Any questions? Let us know in our Help Center!